South Lake County Regional Community Emergency Response Team (SLCR CERT)
The diverse skills, training, experience, and our commitment of our 85 members are SLCR CERT’s greatest asset! There are many different roles for members – and while each member shares the same basic training, you can participate with one or more specialty teams as desired (communications, traffic, medical, search, equipment, events, marketing, administration). No prior experience is needed – team members will help you develop new skills.
We have worked hard to earn the trust of the professional first responders who serve our communities. Our team operates in a professional manner, as we represent the communities we serve. We are fully trained and understand and support the use of the Department of Homeland Security Incident Command System (ICS), and support the chain of command.
ICS enables SLCR CERT to efficiently and effectively operate as part of a large, complex emergency management response team that may include hundreds of professional responders and other volunteer agencies.
We have fun too – and you will enjoy the friendship of members.
- 2 Tow/Utility Vehicles
- 3 Equipment Trailers – first aid, tents, cots, generators, lights, tools, traffic cones, etc.
- John Deere Utility vehicle
- 2 Diesel Powered Light Towers
- Community-wide, public safety licensed VHF 2-way radio system, 60 radios, 2 fixed and 2 mobile repeaters
- Training/support from Lake Zurich and Long Grove Fire Departments
- Training/support from Hawthorn Woods, Lake Zurich, and Kildeer Police, and Lake County Sheriff